Friday, July 24, 2009

real change

You know, I should have figured this would happen.

I left for five months and now that I'm back, I see that things have changed and are continually changing... but at the core they're really just the same. For example, I came back to find that Pepsi and a few other soda companies have once again changed their labels. I've also heard that Jay Leno went away, Conan took his job, and Jimmy Fallon took his place. But, I don't have a tv so I haven't had a chance to witness this musical chair act. Washington State's sales tax rate has raised to 9.5% and what else? I don't know where people are anymore. Why? Some of my friends have moved around, others of my friends will be moving away. I'm actually in a funny spot right now too and I don't know exactly where I'll be either, in fact.

Right now, I'm living in a house full of people that I don't know. You see, I had to find and secure housing in Seattle while I was in Sweden and I used Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace in my search... which is fine and dandy, but I responded to maybe 10-12 different ads and there was only one person that really took me seriously for some reason. I thought the place would be great because I thought I wanted a place a little further from school and I really wanted to be in a house this time, but it is an hour walk to campus and a 20-30 minute bus ride. There isn't a grocery store close by either. Well, there is a Safeway one mile away, which isn't bad, but since I don't have a bus pass right now it really is quite the walk. There is also a PCC half a mile away, but it's expensive and the Whole Foods is maybe 1.5 miles away. It's just a pain right now because UW won't sell me a UPASS because I'm not registered for summer quarter. Oh, that's another thing that changed too. The UPASS is now $99. It used to be something like $44, but yeah-- no good.

So yup, that's the word.

Real change?
Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment