Friday, August 28, 2009

the mood swing

I woke up this morning quite inspired; I thought I had figured out what to do with my life. I hadn't felt as motivated and energized like this for over two/three months; it was such a rush.

I told myself:
  • I think I want to become a teacher.
  • I feel like I should move to Minnesota, Michigan, Indiana, or Massachusetts after I graduate from UW.
  • I think I should then apply for grad school and get a masters in education.
You should've seen me. I was looking through a list of the best education programs in the nation and making an excel file to compare them. I was looking at what it takes to gain residence in states like Minnesota and Michigan. Further, I was looking to fill the rest of my fall schedule with volunteer work and a tutoring program at a Seattle school. I even felt like I was ready to tackle a family issue that had bothered me internally for the longest time.

By the end of the day I felt like a sad and limp deflated balloon; I haven't had such an up-and-down day like this in my life, but I guess that's what I get for watching one of those really inspiring movies about a teacher teaching in an at risk area and then waking up from a dream in which I was involved in some sort of military battle in which I was protecting my family.
--
I don't know exactly what brought me down; it must have been just living through the reality of the day, but I hope that some if not all of these things I thought I decided do stick with me in some way. I guess I can walk away proud today though having written a blog entry with four occurances of the fallen star of punctuation: the semi-colon.

No comments:

Post a Comment