Monday, September 21, 2009

a way

I live in a constant shift between up and down / left and right... sometimes hitting center, but finding that I can't always hit the 10-spot. I realize that my life is full different methods at achieving what is called escapism and I wonder: what am I trying to get away from? My music, my languages, my sleeping and dreaming: it's all seemingly a way to get away. And as we live we always find a way to find that we don't live up to what is expected. We find ways to break ourselves down when we already have handfuls of people doing that for us. Even the words of the ones you love can break you, but instead we have to find ways to use those words as a catalyst: a catalyst for change... but why must we change? Because we learn things every day and we mustn't stay the same. Even without effort, everything changes. With every 'yes', with every 'no', some extent of change occurs as we find ways to stall and avoid making those big decisions, but we worry nonetheless.

I think I've lived enough life now to feel a bit sad for humanity because we're all just a bunch of animals who think we're smart. Sometimes we can be, as we invent and innovate, but there's always imperfections, bugs and glitches.

I think kids are growing up thinking that if they can get 100% on a test or report that they can get the same on life, but it's a tough and trying lesson, learning that you can give 200% and score next to nothing on that which is called life.

It won't be like that though, if you know what to focus on.

We all lead such different lives though, I wonder if any of this makes sense to anyone else. It's just like how I wonder what things look like through another person's eyes or how emotions feel for other people.

This here is just a slice from my mind... thoughts without borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment