Tuesday, October 6, 2009

what i love

What I love is that when I finally get fed up with one thing, another thing starts again and I'm happy again. Call me crazy, but I love what I'm doing with my life right now, school is great, and I thank God for all of the great opportunities that have been laid in front of me.

This quarter, I am taking three courses: Hearing Disorders (Audiology), Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian, and a seminar course called Non-Profits & Youth Education. Along with these things I plan to be the president/chair of the Swedish Club, the Afro-Latin Jazz Ensemble, and the Linguistics Club along with being a member of Unleashed! A capella, BCS Klub, and maybe Salsa Club on the side. For the Non-Profits & Youth Education seminar, I am currently trying to find some volunteer work in the Seattle area and I've found one so far; I'm still confirming the other. It looks like I'll be doing some tutoring for a child between 1st and 5th grade at a place called Family Works located in the Wallingford area. I'm really excited about this and I hope that I will be able to make a difference in this child's life.

Lately, things have been going so perfectly that it is really amazing me. It's like even when I dig in my pockets for change, I have the right amount. That, and almost everything I'm planning seems to work out in my schedule. Further, I'm finding that I have all these connections with people that have keys to rooms here on campus that normal people can't get into. I'm so lucky to know the people that I know and it really makes me feel like a senior. Not an old fogie, but a fourth year. It's like: "yeah, you know that Yeon-Hee girl? Well, she's got all the hookups." Yeah. Um, yeah. ok.

So, right: I was really worried about my schedule and how it would pan out for the longest time, but things are working out great and I am continually amazed.

As you can tell, I'll be super busy... but i'll try to make a few entries here and there when I find time.

No comments:

Post a Comment